Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Classes are Underway!

The first month of classes is drawing to a close, and with it come exams! Though I have only met with two of my classes twice, my other two classes seem to actually exist every week, and thus I am required to show how much I have learned along the way.  Tomorrow is my Turkish exam. This is terrifying as languages have never been my strong suite, this one especially.  But! At least güneşli - which means it's sunny (finally). 


The picture above shows an old castle, and the little buildings peaking out on the top of the hill are my school.  The building that is clearly visible is where I have my International Relations class - which is one of the classes that has only met twice.  This is a tad disconcerting because we will have to make up the hours missed at some point (hopefully not on a Saturday morning).  My professor works for the UN so I suppose he is busy pretty often, which is understandable.  


I am also taking a Political Anthropology class - which I love.  It basically takes what I learned in Theories of Culture (a class I took at Grinnell) and expands these theories - focusing on politics.  My professor also makes a lot of references to Turkish politics along the way, so I am getting a better feel for the country I am living in as well.  


This is supposed to be a beautiful weekend, so I will do some more exploring up the coast and post more pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment